cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Regression: CubeMX 4.27.0 ProjectManager.CustomerFirmwarePackage is neither saved nor loaded

Morty Morty
Associate III

In the latest version of Cube it is possible to set a custom (fixed) firmware location, but it is not saved. Also when setting the path as absolute it is ignored and when setting it relative (This worked fine in 4.26) I get an exception:

2018-10-04 12:59:23,784 [INFO] UtilMem:74 - End LoadConfig() Used Memory: 651409680 Bytes (1526202368)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.model.ProjectSettings.isAvailablleCustomerFW(ProjectSettings.java:1824)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.model.ProjectSettings.load(ProjectSettings.java:343)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.MainProjectManager.loadConfig(MainProjectManager.java:335)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.ProjectManagerView.loadConfig(ProjectManagerView.java:128)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.filemanager.engine.OpenFileManager.LoadConfig(OpenFileManager.java:265)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.filemanager.engine.OpenFileManager.loadConfigurationFile(OpenFileManager.java:193)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.filemanager.engine.MainFileManager.userLoadConfig(MainFileManager.java:216)
        at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.filemanager.FileManagerView.getSpecificTask(FileManagerView.java:173)
        at com.st.microxplorer.maingui.MainPanel$3.onCommandEntered(MainPanel.java:665)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.onCommandEntered(CommandLineManager.java:155)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:174)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:188)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:331)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.onCommandEntered(CommandLineManager.java:414)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.onCommandEntered(CommandLineManager.java:140)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:174)
        at com.st.components.util.CommandLineManager.runCommand(CommandLineManager.java:331)
        at com.st.microxplorer.maingui.MicroXplorer.run(MicroXplorer.java:188)
        at com.st.microxplorer.maingui.STM32CubeMX.run(STM32CubeMX.java:24)
        at com.st.microxplorer.maingui.STM32CubeMX.main(STM32CubeMX.java:37)
KO

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Moritz Strübe​ ,

I report this issue to our STM32CubeMX team for farther check.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

This issue should be already fixed in last STM32CubeMX version.

Do you confirm that you don't face any more the described problem?

Thanks,

Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Frank4
Associate II

Hi @Amel NASRI​ ,

I am still facing this issue using STM32CubeMX v5.4.0, the custom "Firmware Location" path is not saved in the *.ioc file.

Furthermore, the path cannot be manually edited, thus making it impossible to use a relative path.

I hope this issue will be tackled soon as it very inconvenient. If there is any workaround, I'd be happy to try it out.

Thanks,

Frank

Edit:

Here are 2 other questions that do not provide a solution for this problem

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkXKzSAN/stm32cubemx-feature-request-possibility-to-specify-relative-paths-or-our-own-paths

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkdicSAB/stm32cubemx-request-for-change-removing-the-absolute-path-of-the-project-from-the-ioc-file