cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set CUBEMX to Support LCD Display for STM32F469i-DISCO

rkhri
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to set up CUBEMX so that it can support LCD display for the STM32F469i-Discovery board.

Unfortunately I had no luck in making the correct configurations to enable the LCD display or find an example project for the STM32 ac6 or maybe a .ioc file with LCD setings.

Is there anyone familiar with LCD on 

STM32F469i?

What are the correct configurations?

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @rkhri​ ,

I recommend you to have a look at the examples provided in the STM32CubeF4 firmware package which can be a starting point to learn about programming and configure your application on SW4STM32 IDE:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32469I-Discovery\stm32469i_discovery_lcd.c

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_Paint

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\STemWin

You can find more details about LCD configuration provided in the AN4323 application note, section “How to use STemWin Library step by step�?.

I invite you to follow this FAQ : Create a basic Graphical Application using CubeMX

https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-STM32F746G-Discovery-Create-a-basic-Graphical-Application-using-CubeMX

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
rkhri
Associate II

thank's i too hope this

rkhri
Associate II

but i programming in keil uvision

rkhri
Associate II

can it be possible to give a finished project in MXCube under stm32f469? And if not difficult in keil with drawing just a line and a given background color!

rkhri
Associate II

Please))))):downcast_face_with_sweat:

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @rkhri​,

You can get inspired from the examples available under STM32CubeF4 firmware package with Keil IDE: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\STemWin\STemWin_fonts\MDK-ARM

Best Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
rkhri
Associate II

Hi! this examples used GUI and BSP libraries. it's very hard code. For me very interesting standart examples code whith only standart HAL libraries. And this is examples without CubeMX examples!!!

While it might be nice to see CubeMX extrude a monolithic lump of code I somehow don't expect to see it happen.

There are a lot of inter-related things that must be set up properly for the whole to work, the BSP and component level abstractions make sense for ST, and CubeMX at some point might spit out some stitched together boiler-plate code in a similar fashion.

If you really need it to be just HAL code, and I think the BSP code uses HAL, you're going to have to cherry pick through the various components and stitch together a minimal monolithic source file. I think the interactions and interplay here are quite complex (CLOCKS, SDRAM, LTDC, DSI, etc), and it would cost a lot to provide it in that form.

Perhaps start with simpler projects that don't use the GUI, clone one of those and strip out the parts you don't need.

Perhaps the DMA2D or DSI examples

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Examples\LCD_DSI

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_DSI_ImagesSlider

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_Paint

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rkhri
Associate II

Thanks. you can, I'll be unbearable. Can someone give me an elementary example. the finished project in Keil which will include 1 pixel on this Board and the project in CubeMX from which the project was obtained in keil.