cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP ECHO CLIENT/SERVER IN NUCLEO-F207ZG

aatif shaikh
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I've brought a new NUCLEO-F207ZG for some development purpose. and it is working really fine. And thanks to ST support I've found so many good sample code with STM32CubeMX ( en.stm32cubef2 ) .

As one of my important task is to implement TCP/IP ECHO CLEINT/SERVER application which is not available with NUCLEO-f207ZG but available with STM322xG EVAL BOARD. so I want to know whether I can use that library to implement TCP/IP ECHO CLEINT/SERVER application in my NUCLEO-f207ZG or any other resources available.

Also while going through code files and initialization I've notice that ETHERNET PHY connection in NUCLEO-f207ZG is RMII and MII in STM322xG EVAL BOARD, hence does that make any difference firmware related part?

@Community member​ 

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

@Community member​ 

@Amel NASRI​ 

@Khouloud GARSI​ 

Thanking with regards

Aatif Shaikh

2 REPLIES 2
C.East2
Associate III

I'm also looking to implement the same example onto the F207ZG. I will say that the PHY chip address automatically sets itself to 1 in MX, however, the PHY chip is tied to ground, so the address should be 0. I changed this in the MX settings.

Would like to know if you had any luck with this project.

The better option you could go with is to use the standard peripheral libraries. They are much easier to understand and flexible to make any changes in low-level libraries (registers level). Although, I moved to a different solution provided by a microchip to continue my project as my client wants me to implement the Fibre ports instead of the copper ports.

Here on this link, you'll find the LWIP libraries of STM32F2x7 series. The sample projects made for the STM3220G-EVAL board. As per the datasheets and schematics the Ethernet PHY in EVAL board (DP83848), which is different from the NUCLEO-F207zg (LAN8742A). Hence, I'm not sure how much changes you need to make in the driver files of DP83848 to make it work. My suggestion is to look for the driver file of LAN8742A and replace it in the sample projects.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32060.html

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32062.html