cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L452RE Nucleo Board

ychua
Associate

​Based on STM32L452RE specification, it can support from 1.71V to 3.6V. I have try using external 3.3V power supply to power up the board. Q1, However when I change the voltage from 3.3V down to 1.8V, the reset signal voltage level change. At this point the board still can work. However when I change the voltage from 1.8V up till 3.3V, reset signal oscillate when the power supply is at 2.9V. If not wrong, this is due to auto power reset by the LSI. May I know what is the exactly cause of this? Is it possible to configure or prevent the oscillation at 2.9V?  Q2, Using 3.4V to power up the board, I found that the reset signal oscillate. Any causes for this as the spec indicate support up to 3.6V. Please advice. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Can't say I've dug into this, but the ST-LINK is likely running at 3V and controls the NRST pin.

Perhaps check if there is a solder-bridge that disconnects the NRST, and see if still oscillates.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ychua
Associate

Hi Clive, thank you for the advice. I have disconnects the solder bridge for the NRST signal. No oscillation occur after that.​