cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please updates Middleware in a timely fashion

The version of FatFs is rather old, please consider upgrading this to reflect the latest release from Chan so that errors/issues that have been addressed don't need to be revisited or make it into delivered products.

Had an issue today with an internal failure message (FR_INT_ERR) for a near full 200 GB MicroSD volume that was resolved by using 0.13b

Version 0.12c is from March 2017 (more than 18 months)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
8 REPLIES 8
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi Clive,

I'll check with our development team about the planning to embed new FatFS version and I'll keep you updated if I have a date.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ade J
Associate II

Hi Clive

Can you maybe point me to any links that gives solutions for the FATFS where problems where addressed?

David Littell
Senior III

Which problems? I think you're probably OT here, disk errors that propagate up to the top level usually occur because the DISKIO code isn't doing it's job properly, and everyone runs around like headless chickens pointing at code in FATFS mount/partition code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
andrewg
Associate III
inojosh
Associate II

Better yet:

• Update in a timely fashion
  • Don't make unnecessary changes to third party code that do nothing but make it harder to migrate future versions
  • Make cube available via git repo

> Make cube available via git repo

Seeing that their latest Cube package (STM32CubeMP1) is available in GitHub, maybe they are planning to move everything there in time.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMP1

Their Arduino core is also only on Github so I think that is the intention

https://github.com/stm32duino