cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 write protected on chip

Ark1
Associate II

Hi folks, i have an STM32F407 discovery board. when i measure the voltage across the gpio pins it becomes write protected. after i dumped many codes but no use. i had attached the screenshot with the error code that it's display. i tried to put jumper between the boot 0 and 5v results no use. i refer so many solution 0690X000006C6OVQA0.png0690X000006C6OQQA0.png and tried it but no use. so what i do now?

@Community member​ 

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

5 REPLIES 5

Hopefully not 5V, the discovery board is running the chip at 3V

You should have a while(1) loop at the end of main() so it doesn't exit.

If the ST-LINK Utilities cannot connect and erase the part with BOOT0 connected to 3V you need to consider if you have damaged the chip or other components on the board. You should perhaps review the schematic and scope some voltage points, and voltage on the VCAPs

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ark1
Associate II

1.what if the chip is damaged?

2.how did i find, that the chip is damaged?

3.can i able to use it or dump it trash?

@Community member​ 

You'd start with schematic and probing voltages to make sure it is not an issue with the regulators or supplies.

If you have a second board you can compare/contrast measurements.

If parts are damaged you need to replace them, fused silicon is not fixed with good intentions.

I tend not to throw out boards, just mark them as NFG and cannibalize them for usable parts later.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ark1
Associate II

ok 👍 @Community member​ 

abdullahcavuss
Associate II

Hello,

Have you found which io pin voltage measurements make the option bytes write-protected? I think I have the same problem. Thank you 🙂