cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know STM32 Step-by-step ?

Emma DULUARD
Associate

Hi all!

We have created for you a new online-education program: STM32 step-by-step.

It is a learning program, part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools.

Our STM32 Step-by-step makes the learning of STM32 ecosystem installation basics easier.

5 tutorials, millions of possibilities : ready to start?

• Step 1: Tool installation: STM32CubeMX, STM32 TrueSTUDIO, STM32CubeProg, STM32CubeL4
  • Step 2: Blink LED example, pin configuration, start peripherals, Build & generate your projects
  • Step 3: UART and new board introduction, L475 IoT Node Discovery Board, Program and use an RS232 serial link
  • Step 4: Using Sensors on B-L475E-IOT01A (Humidity & temperature / pressure / gyroscope & accelerometer / magnetic)
  • Step 5: Build an IOT system (Data communication via Bluetooth)

Start now and quickly become a professional STM32 developer !

Visit https://www.st.com/stm32stepbystep

Watch our presentation video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rex-rNSn6XE

10 REPLIES 10
Ark1
Associate II

wonderful initiative:astonished_face: :astonished_face: . it will very useful for developers like me👍

smaha.0
Associate II

thank you Emma..

i will start know if any dought i will ask.

thank you very much for giving result Emma

Sree
Associate II

This was a great initiative! More of this are needed. There are still a lots of developers who are from software background and wanted to learn embedded platforms with ease. This will definitely help the community. Expecting more of such initiatives with working examples and step by step guides. Thanks

Hi @Sree​ ​ ,

Did you actually try the individual steps with hardware? All 5 steps? Can you please describe some of your findings - were the examples clear, was the PC software easy to find, download and install, did the Android application work as expected, did the examples run out of the box without any problems, do you find them illustrative, would you want to expand on any on the steps further, etc.?

Thanks,

JW

Hi @Community member​ 

Thanks for taking time to know about the actual or real life experience.

Luckily, I have purchased the same model hardware i.e. nucleo board even before I came across this step by step tutorial.

0690X00000BvfMLQAZ.jpg

The step by step guide is only for Windows machine where as I use a MacOS from which one can understand I have done some ground work to get the things up and running. Looks like the docs are now outdated or the mac environment is different.

I have followed all the 5 pdfs, reference document links are provided when and where required, for example : USART - a brief explanation pdf was provided. This was helpful to understand what it is exactly.

Sadly, I was not able to debug as the ST-Link server application is not compatible with mac catalina and I was stuck there. I was able to just execute some example code by generating and pasting the .bin/.hex file on the virtual port of the dev board.

Although I have imported the code into the STM32CubeIDE (MacOS), I am waiting for a chance to test it on full fledged manner on the dev board.

There is no official reply from ST team about when the patch for the ST-Link server would be available for Mac OS Catalina.

Regards,

Sree

Thanks for sharing your experience, Sree.

JW

SGill.1
Associate II

Will the step-by-step tutorials work with an STM32F401?

I don't know. Step 2 and Step 3 might require to adopt the example for your board, but Step 4 and Step 5 appears to be entirely specific for the 'L4 board so you probably won't be able to use them.

@Emma DULUARD​  can't these Steps be adopted for other boards?

JW

MQi.1
Senior II

I have read the tutorials, it is excellent. And, I want to know, when would you make such a tutorial for assembly language programming on STM32 ?