cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030F4P6 with Arduino IDE or Atmel Studio

AGUET
Associate II

Hello,

I have just got a new board that I purchased using the STM32F030F4P6 MCU.

This is a Mini Developing board that you can get from Ali Express and it is good as well IMHO.

The Board that I have is:

0690X000006C5ywQAC.jpg

And I am bit struggling to make it to work under Arduino IDE or any other Software.

I am NEW to STM32 boards and I am willing to learn as much as its needed in order to upgrade my IoT MCU to a better solution in my projects.

I would be happy to know - How do I connect this board to the PC - using STLInk V2? to the Rx and Tx? I have tried connecting the power to the on board micro USB BUT no port was added.

I would be happy if someone can help me start with STM32 and also assist me with this new board I got to make it work.

Thank you.

Arye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HFran
Associate

There is some info on running your F030F4P6 board with arduino IDE here:

https://github.com/BLavery/STM32F030F4P6-Arduino

It uses STlink to program, but you might need to use further references re installing STlink for your PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

There is a free license version of Keil for ST CM0 processors.

The external ST-LINK would connect to the SWD connector here, the debug signals primarily being SWCLK and SWDIO

With the BOOT option high I'd expect you can use the RX/TX with the STM32 Cube Programmer software in USART mode.

USB likely needs software on-board to work.

A schematic would be helpful, and you should review the part Data Sheet and Reference Manual.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lead

I would take a Nucleo/Discovery schematic as template for the SWD connection. These board have internal ST-Link.

> I have tried connecting the power to the on board micro USB BUT no port was added.

That would require an adequate firmware to happen.

On the Nucleos, this is the functionality of the ST-Link part, with appropriate drivers on the host. And the UART connection to the target, too.

> And I am bit struggling to make it to work under Arduino IDE or any other Software.

No Arduino user. Doesn't it require a specific loader app on the target board ?

The title mentioned Atmel Studio. IMHO neither a good approach, this toolchain is quite a bit Atmel/Microchip - centric.

As the previous poster suggested, try Keil with it's free CM0 license.

HFran
Associate

There is some info on running your F030F4P6 board with arduino IDE here:

https://github.com/BLavery/STM32F030F4P6-Arduino

It uses STlink to program, but you might need to use further references re installing STlink for your PC.

AGUET
Associate II

Thanks Clive,

Since I am interested in using the Arduino IDE I will try to focus in making that happen 🙂

I will test the free license version of Keil for ST CM0 processors - Can you send the download link for the right version I need?

Thanks AvaTar 

I hope I will be able to do that - simce I am rather new with STM boards.

I will work my way on that and I will base it on the Discovery board (I think) and being able to use the ST-Link communication from the template would be great.

Thanks st_181 😊

I will check it - I have already working with ST-Link on my boards using other IDE platforms.

thank you all for helping!

Thanks, Just realized that it is updated from Yesterday! that is good NEWS =)

Just wanted to add that it is So simple now to upload sketches for this board - the instructions are straight forward and Works!!!!!