cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eval board and sensor requires update, can't file file to update

DJack.8
Associate II

I just purchased a STEVAL-MKI019V3 evaluation board and a STEVAL-MKI183V1 LPS-33HW sensor board. I installed Unico 7.0.0. I received the error message "Error: The device selected is not supported by the motherboard" ... use DfuSe Demonstration software. 

I installed the DfuSe software, set the board the DFU mode, and click the Choose button. I don't know what file to select or where to find it. 

Please direct me to the file and confirm that my issues are reasonable considering this hardware is new. It seems odd I would need to reflash a V3 board.

Thanks

Doug

4 REPLIES 4
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Yes, you have to update the FW in the board.

The correct file is ProfiMEMSToolV2.30.3.dfu located in DFU/ProfiMEMSTool board directory in the zip file with Unico 7.0.0.

DJack.8
Associate II

This does not seem to work for me. I still receive the error "Error: The device selected is not supported by the motherboard". The Firmware version is reported as V2.0.11 in the error box so I assume it is not really uploaded despite the successful message being displayed during the process. Could I be downloading instead of uploading?

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

It means the firmware was not updated.

Please check my screenshot, can you confirm you are using this tool and click on Upgrade.

0690X000006C6ysQAC.png

DJack.8
Associate II

That fixed it. I was clicking the "Choose" button in the Upload Action box and not the "Choose" button in the Upgrade or Verify Action box. It's my first time using this tool.

Thanks for your help.

Doug