cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX for STM32: Is it possible to use/set a Prefix or namespace for all functions/global variables generated by STMCubeMX C-Code Generator?

stcubeteam1
Associate

Reason for the question:

We want to generate two different hardware settings (CubeMX projects) into one software program running on a STM32 controller. Then at startup, the controller finds out, which HW configuration it has to use and uses just one of the two available ones to startup/init the system peripherals/hardware.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Make two separate projects, burn them into separate flash areas + small bootloader which will probe hardware and select one variant ?

--pa

Sounds like a rats nest of a problem better solved by some careful merging.

I'd rather the engineers focus on generating solid test coded.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
stcubeteam1
Associate

Hi Pawel

thanks for the idea. We will look into this in more detail.

We thought there might be a solution using the templates in STM32CubeMX, but it seems that there is no clean solution from the tool itself.

Thanks again.

DHoov.1
Associate

It's surprising that this is not possible. I have a similar case...a library with a default CubeMX configuration built-in, with the desire to be able to override this by adding a CubeMX project in the application directory.