cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an application note and or sample code showing how to configure and use the on-board PTPV2 (Precision Time Protocol)?

Steven Keeter
Associate III

I am using an ST32F7 device that incorporates IEEE 1588 hardware within the core. I need to know if this functionality is already within the HAL drivers, etc.... and if there is an app note or sample project available. I see discrete steps for masking register bits, etc... within the user's guide, but was hoping that there are already drivers written to handle these steps.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SKeeter​ ,

Unfortunately, we don't have in our plan to implement PTP feature and there is no PTP example or application note available for STM32F7.

The request is already raised internally to implement this feature. But, Currently, not at the short term planning.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@STM Community​  Please STOP putting IEEE-1588 references in every diagram for these devices, these are the types of issues that lose you customers and frustrate the others.

I don't see that the F7 implementation would be materially different from the F2/F4 devices which by any reasonable analysis have close to 8 years of history behind them.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..