cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB_OTG_HS isn't working on STM32H743IIT6

esukh
Associate III

I'm trying to make work USB_HS peripheral (External PHY is USB3320). I configured CUBE project, generate code, pass 24 Mhz to USB3320 and there is nothing. Even pull up resistor that should indicate new USB device isn't working.

MCU: STM32H743IIT6 mxCube project that describes PIN connections to External Phy attached

Could anyone please provide any ideas what can cause the problem in my case?

My main culprit is:

After MS_USB_DEVICE_Init(); I have SDID bit as 1 in OTG_DCTL register but I'm sure USB_Start(); got to set this bit to zero.

P.S. I have a problems with debugger too (StLink-SWD) after I hit break-point and look at the registers (OTG1_HS_DEVICE particularly) Debugger (keil-5) show me the registers, but the next step after I have "Cannot access the target." error. I was thinking that I redefine some pins, but I doesn't. Looking at some other registers doesn't cause such problem (I tested GPIOB registers).

P.P.S How can I check that USB3320 is alive? Is there any way to make sure that this chip is correctly working?

1 REPLY 1

I'd suppose you'd need to review the USB3320 data sheets, and see if any of the pin connectivity to the H7 provides you with any means of probing the device or its internal registers.

Your own board? Or the STM32H743I-EVAL?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..