cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing Current Consumption for STM32L151CBU6

KPrad.14
Associate

Hi All,

I am using the STM32L151CBU6 MCU under battery operation with 32MHz and 32.768kHz crystals. On running it on STOP Mode with low power regulator using the API:

HAL_PWR_EnterSTOPMode(PWR_LOWPOWERREGULATOR_ON,PWR_STOPENTRY_WFE)

The current consumption is 2.05mA, which should actually be in uA according to the datasheet.

Kindly suggest other parameters I need to consider to bring the current consumption down to microamps.

Thanks.

Regards,

Karan

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @KPrad.14​ ,

It seems that your device didn't entered stop mode when you measured the consumption.

I suggest that you make a test using an example delivered within the STM32CubeL1 and make again the measurements.

You find an example that shows how to enter Stop mode and wake up from this mode by using the RTC wakeup timer event connected to an interrupt. It is available under STM32Cube_FW_L1\Projects\STM32L152RE-Nucleo\Examples\PWR\PWR_STOP_RTC.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Lead

And I suggest you show that the 2.05mA are actually consumed by the MCU, and not by surrounding circuitry.