cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate the secure boot expansion package into CubeMX

JMerr
Associate

I have the secure boot expansion package and I can't find any documentation at all that details how it integrates into CubeMX and how to install it. This is the expansion package:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-sbsfu.html

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 REPLIES 4

I suspect the "Cube" naming is deceptive. In most cases you need to merge HAL code into the expansion packages.

CubeMX is a boiler-plate code generator

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
alister
Lead

STM32CubeMX V5.01 can't prepare an IOC with a project organisation like what's used in X-CUBE-SBSFU "expansion package". ST have a mandate to fix it because their documents say it must do it:

• UM2312: packaging criteria C.P1, description "The Expansion Package shall have the same repository hierarchy as the STM32Cube MCU Package.", Importance Mandatory. This is failed.
  • UM2285: "In an STM32Cube Expansion Package, examples shall be developed using the STM32CubeMX tool", The STM32CubeMX tool shall be used to configure the STM32 device and board, and generate the corresponding initialization code" and "The associated *.ioc file shall be available at the example root". These requirements are broken.

The bugs in STM32CubeMX are

• In the Project Manager screen, the Toolchain/IDE location field can't be configured. It needs to be able to point to the root of the X-CUBE_SBSFU software.
  • If you edit the .ioc by hand to change the toolchain location to "../../../../../", STM32CubeMX displays the <project-dir>../../../../../ correctly, but it quietly won't generate any code.

Regards

Alister

It would be nice to have someone from ST comment on when this will be "fixed" in the X-CUBE-SBSFU offering. The X-CUBE-SBSFU is certainly an interesting package. I noticed as well, there is no security testing of the security because this is a reference design only. Hence, I wonder if anyone has more information on that subject?

steven.murphy
Associate

I am also unable to install the X-CUBE-SBSFU expansion package into the latest version of STM32CubeMX, 5.1.0.

If I:

• click the "INSTALL/REMOVE" button under the "Install or remove embedded software packages" label,
  • then click the STMicroelectronics tab (where the other X-CUBE packages are listed),
  • then click the "From Local ..." button,
  • then select en.x-cube-sbsfu.zip,

I get the following error:

This Package version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX.