cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32cubeMX v4.27.0 crashes when "Generate Code" is clicked when creating a new project.

CSuyd
Associate II

The pc is win10-64bit, I do not have this problem in win7-64. The STM32cubeMX GUI can only be closed in Task Manager where java JRE is reported as "Suspended". Windows java application logs indicate "hangup", timestamped to when I do the clicking. JRE 1.8.181-64bit is installed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CS.3uydam​ ,

Please share your ioc file for check and reproduce your case.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
CSuyd
Associate II

Thank you Imen, sorry I didn't see this sooner. see attached. Please understand that the New Project process never completes, once "Generate code" is clicked, java freezes and can only be closed by Task Manager.

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hello csuydam1.5370555733257861E12

Could you please share your CubeMX log, unfortunately I could not reproduce from my side

You can found your log under your "user folder"/.stm32cubemx

T J
Lead

I had the similar issue this week, creating a new L4R5 project. It took forever,

like Java was updating something...

I found that you must let it run, maybe 30minutes..

CSuyd
Associate II
Thanks for looking into this. I just went through the process of trying to create a new project, which ended hung up in the same way, with java "Suspended". Here is the log from that session.
Oddly, another user this morning contacted me and said he had the same problem, but left it alone for a half hour and it completed. Needless to say, if true, that is not an acceptable workaround.
CSuyd
Associate II

Dear Mr. Gharbi,

I tried the STM32cube v5 and experienced the same freeze-up and "Suspended" java error message. I guess the log I sent you revealed nothing. Is there any other methodology we can employ to isolate this problem?

Thanks, csuydam

Hi @CS.3uydam​ 

Sorry but I did'nt receive the log could you attach it or send it by message please

you can find your log under c:\users\login\.stm32cubemx\STM32CubeMX.log.

CSuyd
Associate II
Here you go. This is the one that was created a month ago using v4.xx.
CSuyd
Associate II

Here you go. It begins with starting a new project in STMcubeMx v4.27, and ends shortly after clicking "Generate code".