Did you mean: 

IAR configurations for stm32h7

Moamen Ayman
Associate III

13 REPLIES 13
Moamen Ayman
Associate III

Hello everybody!

I am trying to work with stm32h743ZI with IAR V7.70.1, While trying to configure IAR settings 'options' I can't find (at options > General otions) STM32H7 with the target processor devices from ST

0690X000006C2whQAC.png

Is there any package I need to install to allow me to choose the right chip I am using? or any other solution?

Thanks in Advance.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @Moamen Ayman​ ,

The STM32H7 devices are not supported by IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM toolchain V7.70.1.

Please use version V7.80.4.

Supported Devices and EVAL boards

• STM32H743/753 devices
  • STM32H743XI-EVAL
  • STM32H743ZI Nucleo 144

Khouloud.

Moamen Ayman
Associate III

Thanks @Khouloud GARSI​  I will download this version  V7.80.4 or higher.

Moamen Ayman
Associate III

@Khouloud GARSI​  I searched the supported devices in this version V7.80.4 but it's STM32H7 controllers are not supported!!

https://netstorage.iar.com/SuppDB/Public/UPDINFO/011681/arm/doc/infocenter/device_support/STMicroelectronics.ENU.html

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @Moamen Ayman​ ,

You're right, the AR Embedded Workbench for ARM toolchain has started supporting STM32H7x3 devices starting from version V8.11.1 .

Sorry for any encountered inconvenience!

Khouloud.

Also you should be able to load example projects from the CubeH7 software trees.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
cyolc
Associate

Hello everybody,

I encountered a similar problem. But my situation is a little different. I have a license for "7.70" and I have to use this license.

Is there any method?

Does it support Cortex-M7? Find a close proxy and use that, and adapt the memory map.

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.3.0\Utilities\PC_Software\patch\EWARM\EWARM_v7_STM32H750xx_Support.zip

Can you select "Cortex-M7" as a Core?

0690X0000087ZHmQAM.jpg