cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-BLUENRG1-DK v3.0.0 doesn't run on windows 10

CHossack
Associate III

Hi,

After downloading STSW-BLUENRG1-DK v3.0.0 and installing on my windows 10 PC I can't open BlueNRG-1_Navigator.exe. When I double click on it nothing happens. But BLUENRG1_Wizard.exe does work.

During installation it failed to install the STMicroelectronics (usbser) Ports (04/25/2010 1.3.1), but this is used to give you a serial port when you plug in ST hardware.

I've tried running in windows 7 mode and/or administrator mode, but that didn't work.

yours

Chris

14 REPLIES 14
GZebi
Associate

I have the same problem

I have the same problem too. Any workaround yet ?

FWerl
Associate

I have the same problem too... now on BlueNRG-1_2 DK-3.1.0.0-Setup

Winfred LU
ST Employee

Regarding to the Virtual COM port driver for Windows 10,

we have seen some of the systems work with Windows inbox driver, which means they don't have to install the driver that comes with the BlurNRG-1 DK.

In cases the inbox driver not working and failed in DK automatic installation, please refer to Release Notes for manual procedure to install

C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG-1_2%20DK%203.1.0\Docs\BlueNRG1_DK_release_notes\_release__v3_1_0.html

• During the BlueNRG-1_2 DK Development kits (STSW-BLUENRG1-DK) SW package installation procedure, the PC Virtual COM driver installation is also automatically started, in order to properly recognize STEVAL-IDB007Vx, STEVAL-IDB008Vx, STEVAL-IDB00V9x platforms.
  • If the automatic PC Virtual COM driver installation procedure fails, in order to properly recognize a plugged STEVAL-IDB007Vx, STEVAL-IDB008Vx platform, user should manually install the driver by following this procedure:
  1. Go to PC, Windows Device Manager.
    1. Look for "Other devices" tab: on the available reported device, related to the not recognized STEVAL-IDB007Vx, STEVAL-IDB008Vx, STEVAL-IDB00V9x device (label: Unknown Device or STMicroelectronics).
    2. Right click on mouse and select Update Driver Software option.
    3. Browse to BlueNRG-1_2 DK Development kits installation folder (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueNRG-1_2 DK x.x.x) and select PCDriver\Virtual COM Port Driver and proceed with "Next" button.
    4. If asked, allow the driver installation by selecting: "Install this driver software anyway" option.
    5. Driver installation is completed and STEVAL-IDB007Vx, STEVAL-IDB008Vx, STEVAL-IDB00V9x platforms are correctly recognized and reported on Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT) tab, with associated COM port number.

Jsmit.5
Associate

i have the same problem unfortunatily! I tried the solution above, it did not work for me. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi,

By "not work", do you mean the installation failed? or installation succeeded, but the driver didn't work?

What was seen in the Device Manager? What would be your OS version?

Not sure if it is caused by Windows' certificate checking on the driver, would you please try to enable test mode and try again?

To enable test mode, use the following BCDEdit command in a administrative command prompt:

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then, reboot the system and retry to manually install the driver as above.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/the-testsigning-boot-configuration-option

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Winfred

Pagius
Associate II

I'm new to the ST Bluetooth modules and trying to get started with the STEVAL-IDB007V1M board. I've unzipped the software and run BlueNRG-1_2 DK-3.1.0.0-Setup.exe . And after quite some difficulty got the USB/Com port to show as 'STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port. And I have the same setup on a Windows XP SP3 and a Windows 10 Home PC but on neither PC can I get Navigator to run.

Please help! What am I missing?

Pagius
Associate II

Has anyone got a solution to this problem? A colleague did the install from the same zip file and it worked fine (ie Navigator fires up OK) on Windows 10 Home so we thought it might be that he has Visual Studio installed (with add-ons) and I don't ...but after installing the full VS suite with C++ and re-distribution support Navigator still doesn't run - on 4 of my PCs now Desktop and Laptop XP SP3 and Desktop and Laptop Windows 10 Home.

Please can someone from ST tell us what's wrong?

Hi Pagius,

Allow me to make it clear.

The issue you were seeing (Navigator not running) is a different than the one in this thread (VCOM port not working).

Since support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014 officially, i think even there is an issue with Win XP, it is not going to be fixed.

For Win10 Home, it is not related to the VS Redistributable because the Navigator is design with PyQt4.

Possibly the problem is related to OpenGL but i cannot be sure.

If you please provide procedures to replicate the issue on some laptop from clean OS, we shall have an opportunity look into this.

On the other hand,

Would you please describe what function you need that can only be done in the Navigator?

Navigator from is supposed to be an UI to navigate to the corresponding documents and project files.

You may still proceed developing your project without using the Navigator.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Winfred