cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD_DE is denoted "Not data enable". This means active low, right?

Zainka
Associate III

Using STM32H743VIT. Plane to use a RGB666 640x480x3 TFT. Configurating IOs using CubeMX version 4.27.0. First of all, when expanding LTDC pheripheral I only find two out of 8 possible modes, i.e. RGB666 and RGB 565. The RGB888 and ARGB' variants etc. are not listed.

Secondly, In reference manual, for table 260, LCDT pins and signal interface. Signal LCD_DE is denoted "Not data enable". I guess but will verify that this means a inverted signal. i,e, active low? I mean, it is not an statement saying that this is "absolutely not Data Enable", and that the real purpose of this signal is not revealed.. right? Reason for asking is that my display is opposite, and I need to know if I must put in an inverter here.

1 REPLY 1

Low when RGB Data is valid

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/25/ca/f9/b4/ae/fc/4e/1e/DM00287603/files/DM00287603.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00287603.pdf

0690X000006C1zRQAS.jpg

Look the code examples for the EVAL board, perhaps have the code run on a NUCLEO (or EVAL) and probe the signals with a scope or logic analyzer so you can visualize exactly what is happening, the relationship between the signals, and your ability to control them.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..