cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM9DS0 eliminate LA_TyOff

PTsen
Associate III

In the datasheet, it says that LA_TyOff can be eliminated by enabling built-in high pass filter, but for accelerometer, the high pass filter can't be disabled (I assume that the normal mode means high pass filter is enabled, in CTRL_REG7_XM). I had also enabled AFDS, which I think is to use high pass filter mode data, but there are still about 40mg LA_TyOff error in it. So what does it mean that it can be eliminated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PTsen
Associate III

OK, the problem has been resolved.

First of all, sorry for such a late response, I've been bogged down with other things recently so I need to put aside this problem until now.

In the beginning, I though that this was the first time I open high pass filter. However, since LSM9DS0 will not reset to default value every time it is turned on, i.e. the high pass filter option is opened all the time. Instead of rewriting the register to bypass high pass filter, I just comment that line of code, which results in no obvious change since it is opened all the time.

I can clearly see the difference between before and after high pass filter is enabled, the high pass filter literally filters out every thing. Problem resolved.

Last but no least, thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

High pass filter can be enabled by the AFDS bit in the CTRL_REG7_XM register.

The high pass filter will remove any DC component in the output values.

Can you share your X, Y,Z value with and without high pass filter?

PTsen
Associate III

Hi, thanks for your quick response, but sadly I was busy with other things yesterday.

The attached file is the data w/ and w/out high pass filter, and it looks identically the same IMO.

Thank you very much

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Yes, obviously the high pass filter is not activated.

Can you please share with me your complete sensor configuration?

PTsen
Associate III

Hi, basically, the configuration regarding CTRL_REG7_XM register is:

AHPM1 AHPM0 AFDS 0(1) 0(1) MLP MD1 MD0

0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0

Which is literally default value except AFDS bit

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Could you please try co configure the CTRL_REG7_XM to 0x20?

Are you able to read back the configuration?

PTsen
Associate III

OK, the problem has been resolved.

First of all, sorry for such a late response, I've been bogged down with other things recently so I need to put aside this problem until now.

In the beginning, I though that this was the first time I open high pass filter. However, since LSM9DS0 will not reset to default value every time it is turned on, i.e. the high pass filter option is opened all the time. Instead of rewriting the register to bypass high pass filter, I just comment that line of code, which results in no obvious change since it is opened all the time.

I can clearly see the difference between before and after high pass filter is enabled, the high pass filter literally filters out every thing. Problem resolved.

Last but no least, thanks for your help!