cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St-Link/V2-1 Driver does not install on Win10 Laptop

keebler411
Associate II

I cant't figure this out. I had no problems installing and using the driver with a Nucleo board on my desktop. However, the installer keeps failing on my laptop. The installer asks for and I give it admin privileges. I tried to manually update the drivers but that did not work, mostly. I was able to manually update the driver for the usb composite device and that provided power to the board. The rest of the manual updates failed with invalid handle errors.

Both versions of windows on the the desktop/laptop are Win10 pro and recent builds, but no insider track stuff AFAIK. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have IT people?

Does it require driver signing?

Running some AV software blocking installation?

IT Policy controls?

DELL?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
keebler411
Associate II

Huh. I enabled test signing mode and the drivers installed without any problem. Frack Windows10. Both desktop and laptop are the same build 17134. Thanks for the nudge I would never have gone there. I haven't had that problem since Win8.1

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is secure boot enabled on your win10 machine? There's some subtle difference in signing requirements between Win10 clean installation vs. upgrades from early releases (16xx) or win8, and especially when secure boot enabled. But, Microsoft says this is only for our own good :\

-- pa