cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the FTDI connector and an adapter of this required to program the EVAL-IPFC01V1 evaluation board?

am working with the EVAL-IPFC01V1 card, I already have the .Hex file with eDesign to program but when opening the application it does not show any COM port, I am using a conventional USB to TTL cable directly to the control board, it is necessary to use the FTID and a adapter for the uart?

3 REPLIES 3
Carmelo VICCICA
ST Employee

Dear Mr Romero,

Thank you for your interest on ST products.

About your question, the answer is 'Yes'.

For downloading Firmware in micro we recommend the use of following FDTI cable:

• TTL-232R-3V3
  • USB to TTL Serial cable (3.3V)

(i.e https://it.rs-online.com/web/p/kit-di-sviluppo-interfacce/0429307/ )

Best Regards

Carmelo.

Hi, thank you for you answer.

I have other problems.

1. When I try to program with the recommended cable, it recognizes the serial port, then I proceed to load the .Hex file, but when I give it the option to write the program, it is blocked. You can see in the image, what can I do to identify the error? I was Check that the input voltage is 3.3v and in Vout there is 1.5v.

Since this uses a logic analyzer to visualize the signals, in which it can be seen that only a small pulse is seen in the RX pin (which is without or with the card STNRGPF01).

2. Led PFC OK does not turn on:

The Led does not turn on either when the system is energized or when the FTDI module is connected, it only turned on in the first tests but after rectifying some welding points it did not turn on again, the integrated one was changed but it still does not turn on any of the Two occasions.

3. Adapter to program:

Reviewing the manuals we observed that there is a card that makes the bridge between the uart of the integrated and the FTDI module, we implemented that card but there was the same answer and seeing the operation of this we found that only switches the earth of the system so we do not understand how You will receive the signals without having a reference.

These are some of the disadvantages presented, we would like to know what is your opinion given your experience with this system, We appreciate your collaboration.

Carmelo VICCICA
ST Employee

Dear Mr Romero,

First at all, I apologize for the delay in the answer, then I have talked with team involved in the hardware design solution and I have collected following answers.

Question 1)

Suggestion: Try to download the last version of STNRG loader (version 1.1.0), and repeat the operation.

STSW-STNRGPF01

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-stnrgpf01.html

STNRGPF01 Programming Post

https://community.st.com/s/profile/0050X000007vnOqQAI

Question 2)

Led PFC OK is a pin working once the application starts and PFC bus voltage is +400Vdc to indicate that PFC is ready for the load connection on the output. This led don’t work during programming. 

Question 3)

Suggestion: Check the connection of your adapter and be sure the schematic is identical to our adapter. The programming signals are sent only once the switch is on and the ground is connected. This is used to synchronize the device with FTDI cable.   

I hope the answers have been exhaustive.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any doubts or information about the product.

Best Regards.

Carmelo.