cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed trying to connect X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 and NUCLEO-L4R5ZI-P

Alex Angulo
Associate II

Hello, I recently buy a new Nucleo-L4R5ZI-P board and I am trying to use it with the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 expansion board to develop a BLE application but it is being really stressful because although I am following the guide "Getting started with the STMicroelectronics BlueNRG-MS software package for STM32CubeMX", with the SensorDemo example, I cannot achieve it and in the Bluetooh app "BlueNRG" doesn't appear the "BlueNRGChat" with the cube and the other parameters.

Some times its appear, but when I connect to it says something like "No valid characteristic found. Wrong firmware?..."

If someone could help me I really appreciate it because it is really frustrating than following the guide provided by ST it doesn't work.

Thank you,

Alex 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Tomas DRESLER
Senior II

Did you achieve reasonable communication between the two boards? Sometimes you need to resolder the solder points to set it up on different pins.

Take a scope and look at the SPI communication pins, if they show reasonable activity (NSS, CLK, MISO, MOSI). If not, your pin allocation is wrong.