cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Upgrade Using Ethernet port

Mujtaba
Senior

Dear friends,

I am developing a controller using stm32f407vgt6 microcontroller and I'd like to add the capability of firmware upgrade through Ethernet port in my controller.

I've read about Ethernet IAP (In-Application Programming) UM1709 but it is not what I am looking for, because I do not want the user to press Reset and boot buttons.

I have also developed a windows base software to config the controller and I want to add the firmware upgrade in my software, so anytime I update the firmware, I put it in Internet and users download it and use my software to update the controller through Ethernet port.

Any helps would be appreciated,

Mujtaba

2 REPLIES 2

> I've read about Ethernet IAP (In-Application Programming) UM1709 but it is not what I am looking for,

> because I do not want the user to press Reset and boot buttons

That's just one particular way to activate the bootloader, you can design your own, e.g. starting it from an internal webserver.

JW

Mujtaba
Senior

Dear waclawek.jan ,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you tell me more about activating the bootloader and I'll be thankful if you could reference me to any links or documents that could help me create my own bootlader for my design and if there is any some code examples.

Sincerely yours,

Mutjtaba