cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX STM32F2 setting up ADC Bug

alex_embedded
Associate III

Hi All,

I am trying to set up an ADC channel on a specific pin on the STM32F207ZETx; PA0 (pin 34) and I have come across a pretty "big" problem.

When I set the pin and go to configure the pin, the "ADC1" button does not respond to a click and doesn't "look" like it usually does. I have attempted this on different STM32F2 MCUs with the same result. Everything seems fine with the F1 and F3 chips when I set them up.

0690X000006C0sZQAS.png

There is no icon, so to speak, on the button and nothing happens when I click it. To make things worse, once a project is saved like this it cannot be re-opened - it becomes corrupt.

I am using version 4.26.1

For reference this is what it is supposed to look like when there are no issues:

0690X000006C0seQAC.png

I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it is in the wrong thread I apologise in advance, any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Dear @alex_embedded​ ,

Many thanks for your feedback! This is the convenient place to report any potential bug you encounter.

I have reproduced the issue you're seeing and I will highlight it internally for further investigation.

We will answer you ASAP.

Thanks!

Khouloud.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @alex_embedded​ ,

Just note that the new release of the STM32CubeMX tool (V4.27.0) is now available under ST website.

Link:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-configurators-and-code-generators/stm32cubemx.html

Khouloud.

FYI CubeMX 4.26.1 is NOT recognizing that an update is available, server side database might need updating.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Thanks @Community member​  for bringing this to our attention.

I will report this to our teams immediately.

Khouloud.

alex_embedded
Associate III

Hi All,

Just a quick update,

CubeMX did not find the new version but I did download it and install it manually. My project has been migrated to the new version and I can confirm that the ADC setup appears to be working!

I have no tried to save yet, but I assume it'll save without any troubles. If not I'll let you all know!

Thanks for the help!

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Thanks for the update. If you have any feedback, do not hesitate to share it here 😉

Khouloud.

@Khouloud GARSI​ database looks to have been updated over weekend, 4.26.1 has recognized availability of update. Thanks

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

You're always welcome Clive!