cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate I2C (on the STMod+ I2C Grove connector) accelerometer with STM32L4R9I-DISCO board on CubeMX?

BSara
Associate II

I cannot find the corresponding pins on MCU to the I2C Grove connector located on the fanout board. Currently I have an acceleromater connected to the Grove connector and would like to collect data from that. I have tried to open a new CubeMX project but cannot find the STM32L4R9I-DISCO board. I only see the STM32L4R9I-EVAL board. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know what you're doing, and not an CubeMX user myself. You need to load the libraries into the repository, and the STM32L4R9I-DISCO is listed under available L4+ boards.

0690X000006C0o3QAC.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What version of CubeMX and L4 libraries?

The manual describes the pins on the connector (Table 19)

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/ae/a3/af/94/27/d8/46/3f/DM00421316/files/DM00421316.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00421316.pdf

PG7/PG8 I2C3 SCL/SDA

BSara
Associate II

@Community member​ 

I am using the latest version of CubeMX and L4. I see that they are PG7 and PG8, but these pins don't seems to exist on the STM32L4R9xx pinout? I've attached the pinout below.

As far as L4 libraries go, right now they are not linked to CubeMX in anyway. Are the libraries supposed to be dropped into the CubeMX program files somewhere?

Thanks,

Bharathi

BSara
Associate II

@Community member​ 

I found how I could use pins PG7 and PG8, so that part is resolved. However, I still cannot get CubeMX to add in the STM32L4R9i-DISCO board. I need to use the PG7/PG8 pins for the accelerometer. But I would like to keep the rest of the peripherals functional, so I want to have the current board layout when working on CubeMX. This means that I cannot just select the MCU on CubeMX but would need to select the board itself.

I don't know what you're doing, and not an CubeMX user myself. You need to load the libraries into the repository, and the STM32L4R9I-DISCO is listed under available L4+ boards.

0690X000006C0o3QAC.jpg

BSara
Associate II

@Community member​ This is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much! For some reason they decided to name this part without the STM prefix, so it was very hard to find.