cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive data over CAN

ppati.9
Associate II

I am working on STM32F4-Discovery board with STM32F412ZG. Trying to work CAN communication between MCU and PC with the help of kvaser canking tool(SJW=1, bus speed=125 kbps). I got success in transmitting data to PC successfully and I am getting correct data without any error. But unable to receive data on same can bus. Whenever i send data from PC over CAN, I am not able to get any data in MCU's FIFO mailbox. I have checked CAN_RX and GND pins on DSO and i am getting pulses(data) till connector(CN12) of discovery board. i have checked schematic of discovery board and connection of that connector is directly gone to MCU pin. But still not able to receive data in FIFO mailbox.

I am attaching my code here. Please suggest if i missed anything in order to receive data successfully.

4 REPLIES 4
T J
Lead

did you enable the interrupts?

there are 2 fifos.

__HAL_CAN_ENABLE_IT(&hcan, CAN_IT_FMP1);
    __HAL_CAN_ENABLE_IT(&hcan, CAN_IT_FMP0);

ppati.9
Associate II

I got my answer. Actually, filter initialization was a problem. Now, I am able to both transmit and receive the data. Thanks.

T J
Lead
Can you show the code for the fix ?
We would all appreciate it.
ppati.9
Associate II

sFilterConfig.FilterNumber=0;//filter 0 will be initialized

sFilterConfig.FilterMode=CAN_FILTERMODE_IDMASK;//Identifier mask mode 

// sFilterConfig.FilterMode=CAN_FILTERMODE_IDLIST;//Identifier list mode 

sFilterConfig.FilterScale=CAN_FILTERSCALE_32BIT;//One 32-bit filter

sFilterConfig.FilterIdHigh=0x00;//filter identification number - MSBs for a 32-bit configuration               

sFilterConfig.FilterIdLow=0x00;//filter identification number - LSBs for a 32-bit configuration 

sFilterConfig.FilterMaskIdHigh=0x00;//filter mask number or identification number,according to the mode - MSBs for a 32-bit configuration                    

sFilterConfig.FilterMaskIdLow=0xFF;//filter mask number or identification number,according to the mode - LSBs for a 32-bit configuration

sFilterConfig.FilterFIFOAssignment=CAN_FIFO0;//FIFO 0 will be assigned to the filter.

sFilterConfig.FilterActivation=ENABLE;//Enable or disable the filter.

HAL_CAN_ConfigFilter(&hcan1, &sFilterConfig);