cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program the TFT LCD in stm32f429?

Ark1
Associate II

hi nerd fellows, I got a new task from my superior that I need to program the TFT LCD in stm32f429 discovery development board. I had no idea what to do because I am totally a beginner at this. help me out ??

4 REPLIES 4
David SIORPAES
ST Employee

I suggest you to have a look at the examples provided in the STM32F4 Cube package at the following path:

Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\STemWin

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

You can refer to the examples under STM32CubeF4 package to see their structure and get inspired from them to configure your files: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\STemWin

So, the working example available in the CubeF4 firmware package can be a starting point to learn about programming and configure your application.

Have a look to AN4861: LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs 

More details about LCD configuration provided in the AN4323, section “How to use STemWin Library step by step�?.

I invite you to read the following FAQ :

STM32F746G-Discovery : Create a basic Graphical Application using CubeMX

https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-STM32F746G-Discovery-Create-a-basic-Graphical-Application-using-CubeMX

Hope this helps you.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Ark1
Associate II

thank you fellows @Imen DAHMEN​  @David SIORPAES​ 

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F429I-Discovery\stm32f429i_discovery_lcd.c

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\ili9341\ili9341.c

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\Display\LTDC_Paint

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..