cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about MCSDK 4.3.1

DHwan
Associate

Hi, this is David. I am currently using ST's MCSDK 4.3.1 version.

I have a few questions about using the library.

1. How can I set the flux weakening reference using the library? I found the function named SetVolage and tried to change it. However, it does not affect the flux reference value.

2. I tried using the manual method using the SetCurrentRefernce function. I set Id value to make the motor run faster. Is it okay to use it as I do? 

3. When I run the motor as I described in the second question, the current reading gets very higher than it should be. The actual current flowing through is about 20A which was captured by the external device, but the library says it's 40A.

4. My team is using the library to run the motor of the personal electronic vehicle and using hall sensor to get the position. Sometimes the current goes up so high than usual when I start it while it's spinning(It even exploded last time). Is this normal? 

In an effort of preventing this, I tried to modify the library to make a PWM-off state for the first 1~2 seconds of the motor start so it can determine the speed and angle(like On-The-Fly feature). However, the attempt failed and exploded the PCB. 

As an alternative, modifying the library, I put the library on the start state all the time and change the current reference to 0 when it should not spin.

5. When using SetCurrentReference, it works fine once it's running, but blows up when it starts fast. I have attached the photo of current logging, so if you have any opinion or recommendation, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thank you for your time and expecting to hear from you.

David.

2 REPLIES 2
Claire O.
ST Employee

Hello David,

I am very sorry but we don't provide support anymore on SDK4.3.

Any reason why you didn't move tho SDK5.x versions?

It will be easier for us to help you then...

Thanks for your understanding,

Claire

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards