cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX: Project generation have a problem

OYava
Associate

Hello,

I am using STM32CubeMX version 4.26.1 and Keil uvision5. For a simple LED blinking example, I have made a model in Matlab/Simulink (both in version 2017b and in version 2018a). However, when I click on "build model" on Simulink, I receive an error message saying "The code is successfully generated under C:/Users/...../sim_2 but MDK-ARM V5project generation have a problem". (sim_2 is the name of the ioc file and the project folder). I have installed the STM32-mat target as explained in the Readme.pdf file that was provided. Could you please help me fix this problem?

0690X000006By3UQAS.png

Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Cyril FENARD
ST Employee

Hi ​ @OYava​ ,

The version 5.1.0 of STM32-MAT/TARGET has just been released at the end of July 2019.

Be aware that a lot of changes were involved in this release (in detail, alignment with STM32CubeMX version 5.1.0 and Matlab 2018b).

It is strongly recommended to upgrade to the most recent version of STM32-MAT/TARGET.

Regards.

Cyril

FREE
Associate II

Keil requires the path to be full of ASCII characters. I think so.

DCano.1
Associate

Hello,

Thank you for the help.

For me the probelm was the project folder, the path to it had some cyrillic letters. I created new foler on the desktop and the problem was solved.

metinronnie
Associate II

I uninstall all versions of Java from my computer (jdk, jre ...). Then, I installed jdk from Oracle (jdk-8u271-windows-x64) and the problem was solved.

Alternative solution:

While creating a project with CubeMX, select "Project Manager-> Toolchain-> Other Toolchains (GPDSC)" and create the project.

Let's assume that the name of our project is "Example".

Open the Keil and create a new project with "Project-> New uVision Project" and save the project where you created it with CubeMX . (Make sure that "Example.uvprojx" and "Example.gpdsc" have the same name and directory)

After doing this, the files will be seen in Keil.