cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Flash SPC560P with SPC5-UDESTK-EVAL debugger

Aditya Shukla
Associate II

I have made a custom board with SPC560P40L3, but not able to connect the pls debugger?

Please help me with this.

Is there any configuration setting need to be changed to connect pls debugger

6 REPLIES 6
Tran Hung
Associate II

Hello

Aditya Shukla
Associate II

Hello Tran,

Do you know the solution?

Tran Hung
Associate II

I think you should check these points:

1. Are you setup pls driver correctly in your computer?
  2. If driver are already setup correctly, it might be hardware problem. Please check your board again.
Aditya Shukla
Associate II

I also have one spc560d discovery board, so i have connected external pls debugger to its 14 pin jtag connector and tap-out the wires from jtag connector also and connected to my custom board.....if the controller of the discovery board is powered ON, i am able to connect to my board and debug it...but if the discovery board microcontroller is powered OFF, i am not able to connect to my board to PLS debugger...Also repalced the controller of coustom board but still the issue is same....Not able to find out the issue....

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello Gms ,

The recommandation of tran is correct

1) Check if the PLS driver is well installed

2) If OK, Have you got a discovery board ?

you can check chapter 2.6 in this document

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/spc5-automotive-mcu-eval-tools/spc56p-discovery.html

Best regards

Erwan

Aditya Shukla
Associate II

Thanks @Erwan YVIN​ .

Ya i have one SPC560D-discovery board and through which i am able to program my custom board.

But the same custom board i am not able to program using standalone pls debugger.

and yes i have checked the pls driver and reinstalled it again, but the problem remains.

Please help