cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties running sample project - STSW-STM32152

Justin1
Senior

I am trying to get the example 'STSW-STM32152' working for my 32L0538DISCOVERY kit and am having difficulties with the provided projects in the source (v1.0.0) -

- TrueSTUDIO (v9.0.1) - No Compile

project linking appears corrupted (see 'TrueSTUDIO Compile Result.txt')

- uVision (v5.20.0.0) - No Compile

import errors thrown (see 'IAR Import Error - 1.png', 'IAR Import Error - 2.png')

file acess errors thrown (see 'uVision Compile Result.txt')

- IAR (v8.30.1) - No Compile

'Missing or malformed flash loader specification file' (see 'IAR Compile Result.txt')

How can I get STSW-STM32152 up and running? All referenced pics are in ZIP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For the screen

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32L0538-Discovery\stm32l0538_discovery_epd.c

For the touch

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32L053C8-Discovery\Applications\TouchSensing\TouchSensing_Linear

Demo

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32L053C8-Discovery\Demonstrations\readme.txt

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

One of the primary issues here is that you're trying to use 2014 files with 2018 tools. For Keil these projects were for uV4, for uV5 you'd likely need to pull the legacy packs. I don't use IAR, but suspect v5.xx or v6.xx tools where used.

In 2018 you'd likely get a lot further using the CubeL0 package and building the examples for the DISCO board from there.

Justin1
Senior

Thank you Clive this makes sense, much appreciated! I did not expect the posted content to be outdated and should have checked, my apologies. Will also check in with CubeL0 next, will post resolution when found.

For the screen

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32L0538-Discovery\stm32l0538_discovery_epd.c

For the touch

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32L053C8-Discovery\Applications\TouchSensing\TouchSensing_Linear

Demo

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32L053C8-Discovery\Demonstrations\readme.txt

The tool chain guys seemed to have made more of a move to doing middleware, and addressing the explosion in chip/board variants in recent years.

Pretty much nothing is supporting Atollic currently, will expect ST to integrate back support at some point.

Most of my SPL based code is still using Keil uV4

Justin1
Senior

Clive, thank you for these points they are key!

That is the good news, the bad news is that this is still not functional within TrueSTUDIO, got clock problems I think. Why do you say little supports Atollic currently, should I transfer over to Keil?

Justin1
Senior

How can we reach out to STM for working demo code for this display? I cannot find a 'Contact Us' anywhere here. Why are they selling a board, the 32L0538DISCOVERY, with posted but non-functioning demos ('STSW-STM32152')?? How to resolve?

:sad_but_relieved_face:

Justin1
Senior

I have reached out to their formal OLS support center, I will share here when feedback is received.

I talked on the phone with ST support today, it was indicated that as AN4500 was Rev. 1 it may have just gotten de-prioritized. He suggested reaching out to OLS, such inquiry may quickly escalate resolution here.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> should I transfer over to Keil?

If you're familiar with Keil's IDE and debugger, this is IMHO option #1 to consider. The Keil MDK is free for STM32 F0 and L0 MCUs, with reasonable memory limit. It is stable, simple, well supported, just works. No Java.

-- pa