cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing the onboard SDRAM in stm32f429 will end in issue here. I don't get the exact address of the SDRAM addressing methodology. so help me folks.

Ark1
Associate II

9 REPLIES 9
T J
Lead

did you try 42 ?

there is no question here

the address of the SDRAM blocks is:

0xC0000000 for SDRAM1 and 0xD000000 for SDRAM2

Did you make a board ? or you are using a board some of us have ?

Ark1
Associate II

i am using your board for storing the data that sent via USB to SDRAM for that i need to program the address . i know that address manually but in program??

i don't know the methodology to save the data in that address. so i need assistance ?

T J
Lead

uint32_t *pSdramAddress = (uint32_t *)(SDRAM_DEVICE_ADDR);

*pSdramAddress++ = 0x76543210;

Ark1
Associate II

Thanks for your support. i already post another question regarding USB OTG kindly help me for that problem also??

T J
Lead

I am new at this too,

I haven't done OTG yet :(

Ark1
Associate II

ok , thanks for your support

>>i am using your board for storing the data...

Understand that the bulk of people here don't work for ST, and don't know specifically what board you have, you need to be specific as we aren't working with you.

Assuming probably a STM32F429I-DISCO or DISC1 board.

Here, where configured, the SDRAM address is 0xD0000000. This could be accessed via a pointer, or described in the Linker Script or Scatter File. Directing the Heap there, and malloc()ing it might be a more comfortable/familiar method.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ark1
Associate II

hi clive , i am usind f429 discovery board only. could give me some sample code for SDRAM?

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F429I-Discovery\stm32f429i_discovery_sdram.c

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_RAMDisk

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..