cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi, folks, I am using stm32f429 development board. I am trying to upload the USB otg fs cube code for arm Keil, but I didn't get the USB comport on my desktop. I don't know what's issue here, so kindly help me out

Ark1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3

I'm assuming you're talking about the STM32F429I-DISCO, it is important you explicitly state what you have because there are a lot of boards, and it shouldn't be necessary to guess.

The DISC1 variant of the board provides a COM port with the ST-LINK.

For code running on the F429 you'd need to use the USB connector on the SOUTH end of the board (the ST-LINK being on the NORTH). The code would also need to be configured to use the USB-HS peripheral.

A review of the schematic of the board, and manual, should provide specific details of the pins.

There aren't many examples specifically for the board, this one uses Flash Drives

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\USB_Host\FWupgrade_Standalone

Other boards have a richer set of examples, these can be ported based on understanding of the pins/features involved.

I posted an example of using the F429-DISCO's SDRAM as a USB RAM Drive several years ago, but that used the older SPL libraries

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ark1
Associate II

hi clive, i'm using f429 discovery board. i upload the same code in 407 discovery it connected to my PC but the 429 discovery doesn't connect to PC. i don't know what's issue here. could you help me to figure it out?

The F407 code likely uses the USB-FS, the F429-DISCO uses the USB-HS

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_RAMDisk

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32F429I-Discovery\stm32f429i_discovery_sdram.c

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..