cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing sensor model with bluetooth mesh

MH1
Associate II

I need to implement sensor network with bluetooth mesh having three nodes. Two nodes would be STEVAL-IDB007V1 boards and one of the node would be smartphone which is used to display sensor data from two nodes (STEVAL-IDb007V1) . It is required to collect data from two sensors e.g. pressure and temperature sensor and then send it to smartphone for display.

I installed BlueNRG-mesh software package but it only contains lighting demo example. Can you please let me know is it possible to implement sensor server model using this BlueNRG-mesh software libraries ? If yes, can you please guide a little about it ?

6 REPLIES 6
alok
Senior

Hello MH,

Do you need to comply to the Sensor Model as defined in the Mesh Model specifications or, is it ok to manage through using the Vendor model example already available in the SDK ?

As per internal estimate, the Official release of Sensor Model will be available by Dec'18. However, the Vendor model is available already and we can provide you the steps to use this for your application.

Let us know your opinion please so as to provide best way forward

Thanks

MH1
Associate II

Hello alok,

It is ok for me to use the available vendor model. I tried to do it using ReadRemoteData() function in BlueNRG-Mesh app, then implemented the sensor read commands inside Vendor_ReadLocalDataCb() on SDK and read the data on app through OnResponse() callback. However, kindly let me know the steps if I am missing any.

Also, I would like to display the sensor data on app. Can you please guide me which functions and files do I need to edit for this purpose on BlueNRG-Mesh app as it is hard to understand the complete flow of program since there are many files.

Thanks.

alok
Senior

Hello MH,

These are the right steps. Let us know if you face any challenges in proceeding further

Thanks

MH1
Associate II

Hello Alok,

Can you please let me know which functions and files do I need to edit in the BlueNRG-Mesh app if I want to display the sensor data. Just need a little guidance.

Thanks.

alok
Senior

Hi MH,

the new SDK STSW-BNRG-Mesh V1.06.000 has example of Sensor Model

Thanks

MH1
Associate II

Hi Alok,

Thank you very much for informing.