cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the update issue of STM32CubeMX?

CChen.14
Associate II

I had installed STM32cube in my desktop with windows 10.

But when do the update manager, it does not work and shows that server connection is error.

But I saw the update information was refreshed 17767 days and it is very strange.

Thanks a lot.

Saumine

8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hello @CChen.14​ ,

Are you using STM32CubeMX version 4.26.1?

Khouloud.

Make sure you don't have the application firewalled in Win10, or via AV applications. You'd need to whitelist internet connectivity, or configure your local proxy server if your corporate environment has that.

Check with your IT staff if appropriate.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi  @CChen.14​ ,

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems to be connection issue ,could you please check your connection parameters in updater settings ("check connection" box should be ✔�? ) ?

Could you also give more details about STM32CubeMX version , java version and send me the log if possible?

For the "17767 Days" message, when we open CubeMX, we still have that number until refresh, it reset to 0 . We will update the message to avoid misunderstandings in the future, but it has no relation with the problem of updating.

Best regards,

Houda

CChen.14
Associate II

Hi Houda,

The version of STM32CubeMX is 5.2.0 and the "check connection" box is not working.

It seems the connection setting issues because I can connection internet.

Does STM32CubeMX need specific port or network setting? I had turn off firewall and AV softweare.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Saumine

CChen.14
Associate II

Hi all,

I had update windows 10 and it still shows the same result.

Please see log file.

Saumine

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

​Hi @CChen.14​ ,

As I see in your log file you are using 5.2.1 version :2019-05-31 08:27:19,975 [INFO] Updater:860 - Updater Version found : 5.2.1

how did you make the upgrade? via updater from STM32CubeMX 5.2.0 version?

Can you rename .stm32cubeMX and .stmcufinder folders under your home and try again?

regards,

Houda

Nolan Grimes
Associate

change the permissions on the folder the program resides in, for my installation it was - C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube, so that all users have full control access and then the update will occur the next time you try. My IT department locks down the disk access permissions as a normal thing.

otcagon
Associate II

I think that there are still no correct soultion for this. But, I solved different way with the comparision of working PC. When I compare the files, there are some missing folder and files. So, I copied and the start the CubeMX or CubeIDE and both progrom updates are working correctly.