cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPM34 Active Power and Power Consumption Issues

TLe.11
Associate

Hi guys,

I'm using STPM34 ASSP IC and get some issues. Hope you can give me a help. I followed it documents and recommend design.

I’m trying to use your evaluation firmware in order to interfaces with STPM34 by using an external MCU (STM32F15) through SPI protocol.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-stpm002.html

This evaluation firmware working ok and i can easy to access registers of STPM34 IC. But I have some issues, could you please make me clearly understand.

I’m using a basic Timer in order to call METRO_Latch_Measures() function every 600mS and I got value of metroData.energyActive variable. I logging this variable and bellow picture show you result of it:

0690X000006Bv4hQAC.png

Can you please let me know why is value of active power sometimes get negative values ?

In the 8.4 section on datasheet said that: “Energy registers are up-down counters, energy register increases its content from 0x00000000 up to the maximum value (0xFFFFFFFF), then it rolls from 0xFFFFFFFF back to 0x00000000�?

And, could you please show me the right way to calculate power consumption value ? I can not found any function in order to calculate power consumption in your evaluation firmware ?

Finally, Could you please tell me that your product STPM34 is support Max Demand feature ?

Thanks all,

0 REPLIES 0