cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo Board 072 gets erased replugging USB connector

ingwmeier
Senior

I wrote a simple program for the nucleo board. reconnecting the USB erases my program.

How can this be prevented. Did not find any hint so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ingwmeier
Senior

Correct solution: upgrade ST-LINK part to latest version solves the whole issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Are you sure it is erasing Flash? Checked with ST-LINK Utilities?

Is code properly downloaded, and not into RAM?

Could something be probing/writing the mbed drive?

Got current firmware?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ingwmeier
Senior

Thank you Clive.

I work with Keil. It's a regular program created with cube, I see the software loaded into flash. After reconnecting I see 0xff > 0x08000100 when I reconnect debugger. also the first few code bytes do not match "my program"..

I will give it a try using ST-LINK Utilities

ingwmeier
Senior

Tried ST-LINK Utilities: same thing. Reproduced same thing with F030 and F091 Nucleo Board.

ingwmeier
Senior

Found a "solution"; somehow connecting power through USB, the ST-LINK part seems to load something through USB (Flash Disk Demo???) thus erasing my program. Using E5V and also setting power Jumper to E5V does not erase my program. Even removing SW Jumpers and shorting BOOT0 to GND did not help..

ingwmeier
Senior

Correct solution: upgrade ST-LINK part to latest version solves the whole issue.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @ingwmeier​ ,

Many thanks a lot for sharing the solution. For sure, this will be helpful for other users facing the same issue.

Tip: Always use the most updated version of our tools. It contains enhancement and bug fixes.

Khouloud.