cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the STULPI01 compatible for HS USB functionality with the STM32H743?

JSils
Associate

Hi,

I have read a few forum posts on here with regards to STM32's working with specific USB PHYs. There is a lot of confirmation that the MicroChip USB3320 works with specific STM32's. In fact the dev kit for the STM32H743 (which is the Micro I am using) has a USB3320 on it.

My question is:

Why aren't the ST ULPI USB PHYS, STUPLI01, on the ST dev kits?

Is the STUPLI01 compatible with the STM32H743, for HS USB data transfers?

Thanks in Advance,

Jack

2 REPLIES 2
LoriB
Associate II

I think your question is a rightful one and I wonder the same thing.

I can tell tou that I have a design with an STM32F7 and an STULPI01B that works fine.

Actually I have some stall issues during long streams, but I think they are closely related to my hardware configuration.

​​Hi LoriB,

Thanks for your answer.

I finally have some PCBs with the ST32 and the PHY on but we are having trouble deciphering the software commands to put the PHY into HS Peripheral mode. 

From what I can tell I need to write data 0x40 to the Function Control register and data 0x00 to the OTG register.

I am confused by the addresses of these registers though:

The Function Control register for example (Pg 32 of the datasheet) states: 

Read (04H-06H),

Write (04),

Set (05),

Clear (06)

How can read cover all the addresses - how do we differentiate between a read and a write for example?

I have seen that, you must put a TXCMD on the ULPI data pins (0x10XXXXXX for read and 0x11XXXXXX for write)

But why does Figure.10 High-speed mode entry show 0x84, 0x50 being written to the ULPI?

I have to admit I find the datasheet for this device incredibly difficult to follow!

Could you please help me to understand this better?

Thanks,

Jack