cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enable and disable censoring for SPC56XL70xx micro and password facility (NVPWD) usage for security ?

PUkan
Associate

Hi everyone, I am working on SPC56XL70xx, Trace 32 debugger is used for software flashing to the microcontroller. I wanted to enable censorship for my code.  Below is the steps followed by me to do the same.

In my Scripts modified in at places, script is used basically for flashing through JTAG ( for trace 32 debugger).

The below procedure is what followed and described.

* The default configuration will be with 55AA55AA (UNSECURE mode) to flash.

* modified NVSCI register with 55BB55BB (To make SECURE mode).

* ok to program for new configuration now? I choose the option "yes"

* Default password in script used is " FEEDFACECAFEBEEF"

* changed the password NVPWD (FEEDFACECAFEBEEF to FEEDFACECAFEBEEE) through the trace 32 debugger during flashing

* Then pop window with "Shadow row updated successfully". NVSCI register also changed to 55BB55BB. In the shadow row.

* After Power cycle, the trace 32 debugger will ask for password entry (pop up window message : connect with serial password )

* After providing " FEEDFACECAFEBEEE " also it did not allow me to flash and got a error: " debug port fail"

The board is secured, but not able to flash second time.

Please let me know if any thing is missed out during the procedure..Or do we need to change or include any application for unsecuring.

if someone has come across, please do let me know.  would be helpful.

0 REPLIES 0