cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link Utility bug in V4.2.0

Daniel Fernandes
Associate II

I Previously used V4.0.0 (At least I think so) but sometime ago upgraded to V4.2.0. Now every second time I read a .hex from disk it crashes (having programmed the chip between file openings). The .hex is for a stm32H7 (doesn´t know if it makes a difference). I´m using Windows 7 64 bits. How can I report this back to ST?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Daniel Fernandes​ ,

The reading and flashing of .Hex file with STM32H7 is fixed using ST-Link Utility v 4.3.0 .

Thanks,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@STOne-32​ @Imen DAHMEN​ could someone create an incident report and get the offending .HEX files to the respective teams.

Have you tried the Cube STM Programmer? The Utilities seems to have been deprecated in favour of the new tools.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

We will raise and check this issue internally.

I recommend you, as Clive said, to use the new STM32CubeProgrammer software tool.

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

The reading and flashing of .Hex file with STM32H7 is fixed using ST-Link Utility v 4.3.0 .

Thanks,

Imen.

Thanks
Imen