cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX, code generation issue with USER_write

Craig B
Associate II

In the latest version of STM32CubeMX(4.26.1) and the latest ST Libs for STM32F4 (1.21.0), I've found an issue with USER_write. STM32CubeMX overwrites the user code within the USER_write function between the /* USER CODE BEGIN WRITE */ and /* USER CODE END WRITE */ lines. This results in my code be stomped each time I export my project.

Please note that my custom code within the other USER_xxxxx functions in that module does NOT get overwritten.

One additional note, there is an extraneous /* USER CODE HERE */ line that follows the /* USER CODE BEGIN WRITE */ in USER_write. Perhaps a clue?

I hope you can fix this by the next release.

Thanks,

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hello @Community member​ ,

I'm not able to reproduce your issue. The user code is kept after regenerating the project using STM32CubeMX.

Please make sure that the "Keep User code when re-generating" is ticked (see attached screenshot).

Otherwise, please share your ioc file.

0690X000006Bu5dQAC.png

Khouloud.

Craig B
Associate II

Thanks Khouloud for your reply. After looking more carefully at my code I figured out what the issue is. I have a second more specialized version of the USER_write function up in top user code section of the file. That second function also has the /* USER CODE BEGIN WRITE */ and /* USER CODE END WRITE */

in it. So when CubeMX is generating the project code, it encounters the first /* USER CODE BEGIN WRITE */ + /* USER CODE END WRITE */ and saves the code between them, then writes out that code there and in my normal USER_write function later in the code. Basically have two /* USER CODE BEGIN WRITE */ + /* USER CODE END WRITE */ pairs in the module was screwing things up. There's no reason for me to have those in my specialized version of the function, so I have removed them and things now work as expected.

Sorry, this was all on me. Sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks,

Craig

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi Craig,

Happy that your issue is solved and thanks for the explanation.

Just note that trying to solve our customer issues is never a waste of time for us. You're always welcome 😊

Please do not hesitate to post your questions here on our STM32MCUs forum!

Khouloud.