cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non unique unique device ID or counterfeit parts?

Innomatic
Associate II

Hi,

I've encountered with weird situation with STM32L053C8T6 devices, namely all the devices share the same unique device ID.

I use LL_GetUID_WordX() functions. And for the third word (LL_GetUID_Word2), I tried both offsets, 8U as current Cube library specifies or 14U as reference manual specifies. But what I get is (4,71,56,48), (50,54,50,56), (00,17,00,00) same over multiple devices I have tested.

These batch of L053 has other weird things. Pull-up level of GPIO drops from 3V3 to 1V without warning. And the DAC output swings only around 1V.

We strictly source our parts either from Digikey or Mouser. So it is very unlikely that those parts are fake. Still the situation is not explainable.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Innomatic
Associate II

I think I found the answer for the unique device ID issue. First of all the CUBE LL API has error in reading the third word of the unique device ID. In case of L053 the offset of third word is 14 and not 8, according to the reference manual.

Problem is that by simply fixing the offset from 8 to 14 is not enough because this third word is located across double word boundary of the memory. You have to read the first two bytes from the last word of 0x1ff80050 line and read the last two bytes from the first word of 0x1ff80060 line, separately. Otherwise your last two bytes of the last word are always zero, which makes non-unique unique device ID.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We raised this issue internally for check and investigation.

With Regards

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
henry.dick
Senior II

The uid offset is specified in the datasheet. So just put a pointer there and you are done.

Much simpler and fool proof than some function call's from a questionable source.

T J
Lead

DigiKey has guaranteed that all parts sourced are from the primary manufacturer.

DigiKey has this guarantee in place because of the Defense force requirements about counterfeit product.