cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need simple learning source

meh_6000
Associate

Hi I live in middle east and I am a beginner . I can't find simple learning source and I can't travel to other countries to learn STM32 . Please help me to learn hal driver how to use with example. I use cubemx and datasheet in it.they don't useful for me.tnx

3 REPLIES 3

I learned how to do this stuff reading books, not from teachers, and before the internet.

Plenty of books and other materials available electronically at this point.

Would recommend getting some foundational understanding of micro-controllers and C programming.

ARM has technical manuals for their cores, Joseph Yiu has several books on the Cortex-Mx series parts.

The Cube/HAL repository trees have a lot of assorted examples.

\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.12.0\Projects\STM32L4R9I-EVAL\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
xpp07
Senior

I recommend Mastering STM32 by Carmine Noviello. It's a good starting point.

T J
Lead

Design:

Yes, Cube MX with the Datasheet is the start, then decide all your pins inside the cube.

PCB:

then you can use Kicad to do your PCB

Code:

then you have to write code, like HAL-Drivers as you mention

There is stupid blocking code or otherwise in non blocking code, you are working within an Operating System.

If you write non-blocking code, you are sitting with people like Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs...

and with me of course...