cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not detecting the usb device in Dfuse

Kavana shree
Associate II

I am trying port sample code via usb fs of STM32H743 MCU. I have installed dfuse in win7. But my device is not getting detected. In deVice manager I see warning mark on STM device in DFU mode. If i check the details, it says digital certificate is not verified. I disabled digital certificate enforcement and then I check it worked. But this is not the right procedure.

Please can anyone help me out?

3 REPLIES 3

Using Win7 here and just installing the DFU Manager software seemed to sufficient to bring in drivers, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Kavana shree
Associate II

The problem is with the digital certificate verification. If I disable digital certificate enforcement my device gets detected else no. What might be the alternate solution​?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Version 3.06 of DFUSE package contains Win7 to Win10 driver packages (STTub30.sys & related .INF & .cat files) that looks properly signed. Win10 driver signature is dated April 27, 2018.

Win7 package is signed with sha1 signature in 2012. Since then a security update was released that obsoleted sha1 signatures, win7 with this update requires sha256.

If this is your case - it's time to update to Win10.

Another option is obtain your own certificate, install it on your machines and sign the driver with this certificate. For more details, you can ask on Technet or MSDN forums.

-- pa