cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX deletes Src folder..

Till Rachow
Associate III

Hi,

When I am generating Code with CubeMX, it will delete my complete Src folder. I always have to recover it. For that reason it will also not generate any new c files once i add a new peripheral.

Tried this on Mac and Windows with latest CubeMx version (4.26.1) and i get the same behaviour in both.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback,

I confirm its a bug, and it will be fixed in next CubeMX version 4.27.0,

Please feel free to contact me for further information,

Best regards,

Mohamed

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Till Rachow
Associate III

Seems to be a bug in STM32Cube FW_L4 V1.11.0

In STM32Cube FW_L4 V1.12.0 it works fine. Unfortunately i cannot update my project right now, so if STM32Cube FW_L4 V1.11.0 would work, i would be more than happy..

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Till Rachow​ ,

Your project works fine with STM32Cube FW_L4 V1.12.0 ! So, why do you need to work with previous version of CubeL4?

Can you please share your ioc file to check your issue.

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Takemasa
Associate III

Hello

I have same problem :

• Tool : CubeMX ver 4.26.1
  • Target : STM32L152RE​
  • Tested firmware : STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32L1 series ver 1.7.0, 1.8.0, 1.8.1

For each time I generate code for a target, CubeMx deletes the Src folder. I found this problem today. Two months ago, it was working without problem. 

Any workaround for this problem?

Regards,

Till Rachow
Associate III

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

In the current project state I can't afford to introduce any possible changes or errors by upgrading the library version.

Regards,

Till

cgarrett
Associate

I have the same issue with Cube v4.26.1 and F3 HAL v1.09.0. Src folder gets entirely deleted when regenerating, including any user files. My only workaround was to switch to advanced and restructure the project using the generated 'Core' folder. Not sure if F3 HAL v1.10.0 also has this issue, but I am unable to attempt at this time as there are significant changes to the HAL API that would require a code restructure.

Schmid.M.
Senior

We have te same bug here with Cube v4.26.1 and the L0 lib , this makes the tool completely unusable. older cube versions are not available for download anymore, so we are stuck. Hoping for a bugfixed version to be released soon.

Takemasa
Associate III

Hi

Attached IOC file is problematic one.

• Tool : CubeMX ver 4.26.1
  • Target : STM32F091RC​

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello All,

I raised your feedback internally to our CubeMx team for investigation, and we will come back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your contribution and comments.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback,

I confirm its a bug, and it will be fixed in next CubeMX version 4.27.0,

Please feel free to contact me for further information,

Best regards,

Mohamed