cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB interface of STM32F303 Nucleo-144 is not detected

Bench
Associate III

Hello all,

I want to use the Nucleo Board asmentioned above for sampling data with the ADCs and sending them with the USB interface to my PC. The problem is that the PC (Win 7) does not connect to this port. It doesnt appear in the device manager. Of course before I connect the Pc to the usb interface I first connect the USB cable to the debugger of the board. Any idea why it doesn't work?

Thank you a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
Bench
Associate III

Hi again,

can anybody help me? Still could not get it running.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Bench
Associate III

Hello all,

does nobody has an answer? I tried the examples for this Evalboard and the HID-one worked, so its not a hardware problem. But The uC just cant be recogniced in the device manager when I generate a CDC project via CubeMX. Anybody who had the same problem?

Thank you very much!

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It's August. People are on vacations.

-- pa

Bench
Associate III

Hi Pavel,

of course you are right. Didnt think about that, since other questions were answered as well. Just thought that my question is overlooked. Sorry about that and thanks for reminding. So I will wait some time.

Thank you and best regards

FDixo
Associate III

Why not set the USB to a Device and CDC class (communication device class)? Then the USB will appear as a virtual serial port and you can send serial data easily. There are quite a few examples of this. We managed to get the H743 Nucleo board setup quite easily. Note that the upside down user USB port needs to be used not the ST-Link programming USB port. Also, when the USB is plugged in, the green USB VBus light will come on.

Bench
Associate III

Hi Fergus,

thank you a lot.

I have already tried all examples I could find I think. However, it doesnt work so far. The HID example from the Applications folder works, so I guess it has to be a software problem. I think the pins are not configured right maybe... I also did not find the pins for USB in the .c files. I attached my cubeMX file so maybe you find a mistake.

I also found out that the configuration of the Pins in Cube looks different if I try to make USB working with eg the stm32f4 uC. Thank you a lot for your help!

Best regards