cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUBEMX Ver 4.26.1 horrific bug

Tom Moulton
Associate II

Something has change with Version 4.26(.1)

Any time I look at the Project Settings (even with no changes) I get a message saying:

"This Project File (System.ioc) already exists in the chosen folder. Overwrite this file by this new Project?"

If I say No and I generate code I get an error that the code was generated but the project generation got an error

If I say yes it them proceeds to delete the *entire* Src and Inc directories and creates fresh files. It even deletes my source files and hidden files (like CVS dir)

Any changes to main.c or ethernetif.c (USER CODE) are totally lost

I am using Atollic 9.0 (TrueSTIDIO project format)

My processor is the STM32F407

What triggers Cube to think I am creating a new project?

WHY does Cube think it is OK to delete files it knows nothing about?

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

>>WHY does Cube think it is OK to delete files it knows nothing about?

I think it significantly simplifies the implementation.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Grisby
Associate II

I simple clear the whole folder. I also think it is not OK.

Bertrand1
Senior

I had also this. Incredible to have no warning before deleting external files.

The first rule of automated code generation tools is to run them in a sand-box, especially ones you use iteratively. It is not a matter of IF they will fail, but WHEN.

Use a merge tool to pull into the trees you have under a source code control system.

Yes the implementation here is horrific, but we've been talking about it for YEARS

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..