cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411RE using External power supply

Walter Nazarenus
Associate II

Hello,

to finish my project i want to remove my the cable wich is plugged in to my PC. So i need an external power supply. In the Datasheet i found the topic "external power supply" but i still dont know how to connect it. It says that i have to use E5V or VIN. I was searching for a electric circuit but without success. Also i dont know is which accumulator i should use. Are there any recommendations you can give me, for buying and accumulator? I only have a bluetooth device on my USART1 plugged in nothing else.

1 REPLY 1
Grzegorz Wójcik
Associate II

@Walter Nazarenus​ 

Hello,

here in the 'Schematic Pack' part you can find design files ('STM32 Nucleo (64 pins) schematics') for the Nucleo F411RE

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-f411re.html

Last page (Sheet 4 of 4) shows connector outputs. Vin is connected to the CN6-pin8 and CN7-pin24.

Battery type and capacity depends on few things, such as application, current consumption, how long it should last, etc. But for prototyping purposes I guess that 2S ~1000mAh lithium ion battery should be fine. If you use E5V pin (CN7-pin6), then you could also use a power bank. You can also use a primary batteries (such as AA), but then you cant recharge them.