cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which should I start for Graphics TFT with GUI Builder using STM32F746G-DISCO?

Karan 123
Senior

Hello,

I have STM32F746G-DISCO Discovery Board from ST. I have worked on USB, 

microSDCards and I2C GPIO etc with STM32CubeMX with Keil. 

Now I want to take some experience on Graphics TFT with Touch with GUI Builder..

I have seen some video on emWin — Industry Leading Embedded Graphics Library.

Please advice me from which Example(s), Application Note(s), Video (s) should I start ?

Note: I have Keil V5 Demo version and Atollic True Stdio .

Thanks..

--

Karan123

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

I recommend you to have a look to STemWin applications with STM32CubeF7 firmware package to learn about programming with STemWin: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\STemWin

Please, refer to the AN4323 Getting started with STemWin Library in section “3 How to use STemWin Library step by step�?.

You can also, use latest version of STM32CubeMx tool which integrate STemWin in the CubeMx project and allows generating C initialization code.

Have a look to the AN4861 "LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs", it may help you on how to use and configure the LTDC peripheral with creating a basic graphical application.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Karan 123
Senior

Thanks for update ..

I have seen those examples ..

How I can initialize low-level driver with or without STM32 Cube ?

Like for GPIO, I2C, USB, microSDCard I have not write code from scratch I have worked on Cube Generated Code then enter my application code .

1)

Now should I follow some different topology or different ? .

2)

How to use GUI Builder ? Can I GUI Builder independent ? or with STM32Cube

3)

How to Select STM board or STM MCU in GUI Builder ?

4)

How to chose resistive and capacitive touch ?

Thanks again ..

--

Karan

I used this as a starting point

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\Display\LTDC_PicturesFromSDCard

Without CubeMX you're going to have to review the examples, with their requirements and dependencies, and initialization sequences. And then cherry pick and merge the assorted components you want to pull together.

In CubeMX you might want to break things down into smaller pieces that address parts of your bigger goals, work on those, and then merge into a development branch.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Karan 123
Senior

Thanks for reply...

How Can I proceed with or without CubeMX with GUI Builder ?

LTDC_PicturesFromSDCard : It Just reading bmp image from microSDCard to Display..

How do I proceed for t Button(s) , Checkbox(s) , Edibox(s) with Touch ?

--

Karan123

Karan 123
Senior

Hello,

Imen ..

I am trying to use STemWin with STMCube . But doing below steps .

Still Graphic is disabled . How to enable it ? What I am missing ?

0690X000006BuFxQAK.png

--

Karan123

>>How Can I proceed with or without CubeMX with GUI Builder ?

Perhaps you will need to seek training and consultancy on that.

I'm trying to address the "How I can initialize low-level driver with or without STM32 Cube ?" aspect, where you understand the lower layers sufficiently to be able layer higher level abstractions and graphic processing on top.

The HW here is taking a memory mapped frame buffer and rastering it to the panel. The mechanics there is going to be important if you want to build your own board or utilize a different display, or different display technologies.

The SW side is manipulating the frame buffer, and perhaps using hardware assistance aspects (BitBlit) to paint or manipulate things.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

To enable the Graphic and active STemWin on STM32CubeMx, you should follow the instruction in the warning: active CRC and FMC..

0690X000006By9IQAS.png

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen