cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX issues with STM32H743ZITx

RichardS1
Associate II

I tried to use the STM32CubeMX to configure DAC to work with DMA which would enable me to transfer data from memory, all clocked by TIM6. I used same configuration for STM32F334 and it worked without any problems. After I never got this working, I tried to add another request in DMA configuration menu and discovered this, which looks like some kind of bug, because I haven't found anything like this in reference manual. I believe that STM32CubeMX is not optimized for STM32H7 enough and it looks like this is also the reason why my code wouldn't work with this model.

Thank you for reply.0690X0000060R5tQAE.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello @RichardS​ 

Thanks for your feedback.

DMA_GENERATOR are DMAMUX requests  available on H7 MCU, it is not a bug.

For more details, you can check the Reference Manual RM0433 section 16.3.2 DMAMUX1 mapping.

best regards,

Houda

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The H7 has a far more complex DMA routing matrix, the details are in the RM

Expect the H7 to get more focus in subsequent quarters with more support in CubeMX

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

This case is reported to our CubeMX team for farther review.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello @RichardS​ 

Thanks for your feedback.

DMA_GENERATOR are DMAMUX requests  available on H7 MCU, it is not a bug.

For more details, you can check the Reference Manual RM0433 section 16.3.2 DMAMUX1 mapping.

best regards,

Houda